The final three recipes done in 2012 are what we call ‘Mom’s recipes”. Being home for the holidays gave us a chance to learn a few dishes and tips from our Mom. So Recipe #29 is Mom’s ‘BBQ’ Chicken – the term BBQ being used loosely :). This is my mom’s go-to seasoned chicken recipe that we just happen to call BBQ Chicken. It is tasty enough to be part of your dinner party menu yet simple enough to be made before work on a weekday and savored throughout the week. All ingredients are added to taste so there is no way to get it wrong!
- Apple cider Vinegar
- Any Smoked/Honey BBQ sauce
- Any mixture of spices for example, I used Herbes de Provence, Chinese Five Spice, Garlic Powder, Salt, Crushed Red Pepper
- Thaw chicken and separate into serving sized pieces (leg, thigh, breast etc). Soak in Vinegar.
- Drain and lay out pieces in a shallow oven-safe pan.
- Generously cover the meat with all of the spices one at a time.
- Generously pour BBQ sauce over the seasoned meat and use a spoon to spread across the entire surface. Don’t be shy with the sauce. Once baked, the seasoning-infused sauce will do nicely if poured over rice.
- Flip each piece of meat so that the seasoned side is on the bottom and repeat steps 3 and 4. Alternatively, you can cover the bottom of the pan with the sauce and seasoning mixture to avoid having to flip the meat. Clean the sides of the dish for a neater look if you’d like to serve this directly out of the oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
Here is how it went: